|My mother, Cecilia, when she was little|
For this layout I used a couple of pieces of Blue Fern Studios paper.
These are the dies I used:
As always I layered the die-cuts over a darker version, offsetting them slightly, to accentuate the edges. This works particularly well when the die-cuts are similar in colour to the background and would otherwise almost seem to disappear.
These are the chipboard pieces I used:
I painted the Flutterbies in layers, using progressively lighter colours to create a gradient effect on the wings.
The chicken wire was painted using a sponge stippler with taupe, brown and white paint to give a subtle mottled effect.
I did a white crackle finish on the mini fence pieces.
The scrolls underneath and to the left of the photo were made with a mold and Sculpey Ultra Light. I painted them white in preparation for doing a wash over them to accentuate the details but decided to leave them plain instead.
|First Impressions Molds|
I applied random patches of Prima Art Stones around the layout and used some brown watercolour paint to add a bit of shading to them. I also used the watercolour around the edges of the layout and around the Flutterbies to add a bit of dimension.
Some of the flowers I used were a gift from my friend Lisa. Thank you Lisa!
Thank you so much for taking a look!