|Evan when he was about 7 months old
For this layout of my older son, Evan (so many years ago, he'll be 16 this December), I used some Maja Design papers from their Vintage Autumn Basics collection.
|Vintage Autumn Basics - No. XIII BS
(I used this for the small doily die-cuts)
I carefully ripped off two large corners from the striped paper and distressed the edges. I stencilled these pieces with molding paste tinted with paint and applied a wash of watercolour over the stencilled areas.
I then glued lace and a wired bow trim along the corners. I like to use Beacon's 3-in-1 glue because it has some tack right from the start and also enables some shifting of objects before it dries. It has to be applied carefully because it can be messy and stringy but I've never had a problem with anything falling off like I did in the past when I used glue tape or glue dots and it doesn't bleed through the paper like some white glues. For very delicate die cuts where the Beacon's 3-in-1 is too messy I will use Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue.
As usual, I layered the die-cuts over an offset darker version (in this case, black) to accent the edges. I cut the rectangular die-cuts from an old piece of My Mind's Eye paper from their BellaBella collection. These are the dies I used:
The tiny baby toys placed on the loose weave burlap along the flower vine were made with a mold and Sculpey Ultra Light clay, then painted.
|Baby Accessories III by Sunflower Sugar Art
The large crocheted doilies were purchased from an Etsy shop called FlowerMadeVintage a number of years ago.
For the chipboard flourish, I applied a thick, sloppy coat of heavy gesso, painted it green and then lightly brushed white paint overtop to highlight the texture.
|2Crafty - Leafy Shrub Set 1
Thanks for taking a look!