I haven't felt much like scrapping lately. This page had been sitting around for a couple of months essentially finished except for levelling things with foam tape and scrap bits of chipboard and then gluing everything down. I finally got around to completing it so here it is.
|My husband, Paul, when he was little|
For this layout, I used papers from Prima's Nature Garden collection.
|Nature Garden - Primrose|
|Nature Garden - Fairy Godmother|
|Nature Garden - Candelas|
|Nature Garden - Meeting a Fairy|
I added blue watercolour paint (carefully mixed to try and match the blue of the butterfly in the die-cut) around the edges of the background paper.
I also used a yellowy-green pencil crayon to colour in some of the flowers in the background paper.
These are the dies I used:
|Cheery Lynn Designs -|
|Lifestyle Crafts -|
Nesting Lace Rectangles
As usual, I layered the die-cuts over a darker version to accent the edges.
These are the chipboard pieces I used:
|Dusty Attic - |
Vine Corner #2
|Wycinanka - |
Sweet Dreams bordery
|Dusty Attic - |
Wild Rose corner ornaments
Wycinanka - zawijaski ozdobne, małe
It's been so long, I can't even remember every detail in how I finished the Vine Corner chipboard piece anymore. I remember painting the chipboard and then applying Sanssouci Viva Crackling Colour. I wanted to tone down the glossy look of the crackle so I sprayed it with a matte finish. Perhaps I applied the spray too heavily or before the crackle was thoroughly dry because it seemed to kind of flatten the crackle. After that I did some inking around the edges and I think I rubbed ink over the top and wiped off the excess. I'm sure there were probably some steps where I tried one colour and didn't like it so tried another because nothing ever seems to work out the way I like on the first try.
The chipboard butterfly was painted and the Wild Rose corner ornament was stained with watercolour paint while the other two pieces of chipboard were left plain.
Directly underneath the photo is a craft stick wrapped diagonally with washi tape.
The two medallions on the centers of the doily die-cuts were made with a mold and Sculpey Ultralight clay. I painted them, dry-brushed white paint overtop to highlight the details, applied some very watery brown paint to "antique" them and inked around the perimeter with dark grey ink.
|First Impressions Molds - Medallion Set 1|
Thanks so much for looking!