Monday 23 November 2015


I haven't felt much like scrapping lately.  This page had been sitting around for a couple of months essentially finished except for levelling things with foam tape and scrap bits of chipboard and then gluing everything down.  I finally got around to completing it so here it is.

My husband, Paul, when he was little

For this layout, I used papers from Prima's Nature Garden collection.

Nature Garden - Primrose
Nature Garden - Fairy Godmother
Nature Garden - Candelas
Nature Garden - Meeting a Fairy

I added blue watercolour paint (carefully mixed to try and match the blue of the butterfly in the die-cut) around the edges of the background paper.

I also used a yellowy-green pencil crayon to colour in some of the flowers in the background paper.

These are the dies I used:

Cheery Lynn Designs -
Lilith Doily
Lifestyle Crafts -
Nesting Lace Rectangles
Spellbinders -
Romantic Rectangles

As usual, I layered the die-cuts over a darker version to accent the edges.

These are the chipboard pieces I used:

Dusty Attic -
Vine Corner #2
Wycinanka -
Sweet Dreams bordery
Dusty Attic -
Flutterbies #3
Wycinanka -
Wild Rose corner ornaments

Wycinanka - zawijaski ozdobne, małe

It's been so long, I can't even remember every detail in how I finished the Vine Corner chipboard piece anymore.  I remember painting the chipboard and then applying Sanssouci Viva Crackling Colour.  I wanted to tone down the glossy look of the crackle so I sprayed it with a matte finish. Perhaps I applied the spray too heavily or before the crackle was thoroughly dry because it seemed to kind of flatten the crackle.  After that I did some inking around the edges and I think I rubbed ink over the top and wiped off the excess.  I'm sure there were probably some steps where I tried one colour and didn't like it so tried another because nothing ever seems to work out the way I like on the first try.

The chipboard butterfly was painted and the Wild Rose corner ornament was stained with watercolour paint while the other two pieces of chipboard were left plain.

Directly underneath the photo is a craft stick wrapped diagonally with washi tape.

The two medallions on the centers of the doily die-cuts were made with a mold and Sculpey Ultralight clay.  I painted them, dry-brushed white paint overtop to highlight the details, applied some very watery brown paint to "antique" them and inked around the perimeter with dark grey ink.

First Impressions Molds - Medallion Set 1

Thanks so much for looking!


  1. So great to see another gorgeous layout from you Tracy! Those clay pieces and Wycinanka pieces are just beautiful and perfect for this page. I actually love how the crackle came out! Adding touches of color to the printed flowers on the page was a clever idea-looks wonderful! I always love your designs!

  2. I really love the way the vine corner chippie drapes over the left side of the photo, it creates a wonderful enclosure feeling, and also changes the rectangular look of the photograph, adding a different perspective!! Totally beautiful work, as always, with such attention to detail and color!! Outstanding, beautiful and wonderful!!


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.