Monday, 8 April 2019

Olive and Camille with a Friend

My paternal grandfather's cousins (Olive and Camille) with a friend




For the background of this layout I used a digital paper that I printed up on a large format printer.


Charm of the Good Old Days - pp1a
ManuDesignStudio


I ripped and distressed the edges of the paper and inked them with Library Green Archival Ink.  I layered this over a piece of burlap and a piece of black paper.  The edges of the black paper were coloured slightly by rubbing them with Patina Gilders Paste Wax and Library Green Archival Ink.




The background was stencilled lightly with Jet Black Archival Ink using a Clarity stencil brush.  I then went over the stencilled areas adding hints of colour with a marker.

Flourish
Memory Box


I also did some stamping on the background using brown ink.


Mark Makers
Seth Apter
Pathways
Seth Apter







These are the dies I used:


Detailed Scallops
Spellbinders
Oval Majesty
Spellbinders
Leafy Accents
Heartfelt Creations
Miniature Swift
 Charisma Velvet Daisies
Tattered Lace
Tattered Florals
Bigz die
Sizzix
Tatttered Floral Garland
Decorative Strip die
Sizzix



The pale yellow flowers were made with the Tattered Floral dies.  I used the 3D Floral Basics shaping mold by Heartfelt Creations to help shape the flower layers.  The centers for these two flowers were made by layering the Miniature Velvet Daisies die-cuts and gluing some microbeads in the middle.








I made the leaves using the Heartfelt Creations coordinating Leafy Accents die, stamp and 3D Shaping Mold.






This is the chipboard set I used:


Decorative Flourish Set
Dusty Attic


I painted the Flourish pieces dark brown and used a palette knife to apply crackle paste mixed with some green paint overtop (cleaning up the edges with a needle).  After that was dry, I rubbed a liberal amount of Patina Gilders Paste Wax overtop and then lightly added some Vintage Gold Metallique wax by Prima.  Then I glued on some Spruce Willis Prills.










Thanks so much for taking a look!







Sunday, 25 November 2018

Thomas and His Bride

My great-grandfather and his bride on their wedding day




For this layout I used a piece of Ciao Bella paper from their La Traviata collection.








I did some stencilling on the background using Clarity stencil brushes and Distress Inks (Fired Brick and Gathered Twigs).
Clarity Stencil Brushes

Prima
Checker 6"x6"






I also did some hand-stitching on the background and on the photo mat.









These are the dies I used:


Cheery Lynn Designs
Daphne Doily
Cheery Lynn Designs
Ambergris Tiny Doily
Spellbinders
Decorative Labels Eight
Cheery Lynn Designs
Carnivale Border
Tattered Lace
Nested Beaded Chains
Essential Rectangles
Cheery Lynn Designs
Flourish #13



As usual, I layered the die-cuts over a darker version and offset them slightly to accentuate the edges.






This is the chipboard piece I used:



Creative Embellishments
Vintage Flourish 3



I coated the flourish with heavy gesso, let it dry and rubbed it with Fired Brick and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks. I then applied some Scattered Straw Stickles and poured some Fuzzy Navel Prills overtop.






A few of the flowers (the yellow and pink daisies) are old ones from my stash (by Prima I think), a couple of them I made myself a number of years ago but never used and the rest are by 49 and Market.


Vintage Shades Botanical Blends - Cerise
Vintage Shades Potpourri - Cerise









Thank you so much for taking a look!





Monday, 29 October 2018

Jack and Lilian

My uncle and aunt in the mid-1920's




For this layout I used some paper from the Remnants collection by Blue Fern Studios.


Blue Fern Studios
Remnants - Devonshire
Blue Fern Studios
Remnants - Highgate
Blue Fern Studios
Remnants - Vignette



I trimmed the Devonshire paper down slightly, ripped off two of the corners, then distressed and inked the edges.  I layered this over the  Highgate paper, tucking in some corrugated paper under the torn edges.  I also put a piece below the photo.  The raised ridges of the corrugated paper were brushed with white paint.





On the background I did some stencilling with modelling paste (Faber-Castell whipped spackle) and added some green watercolour.  I also used a pencil crayon to add a little more pink to the paper along the shaded areas of the flowers.


Memory Box
Texture Splatter




These are the dies I used:

Tattered Lace
Velvet Lace Mini Ruffle Rectangles
Tattered Lace
Sparkle Border


I cut the edges off the Sparkle Border and glued them along the edges of the layout.


This is the chipboard set I used:

Blue Fern Studios
Mesh Bits

I painted the chipboard brown and then applied Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Crackle.  When that was dry I randomly dabbed it with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.






The toadstools and a few of the flower centers were made with molds and Sculpey Ultralight clay and then painted.

First Impressions Molds
Assorted Flower Centers

Pointed Toadstools by JEM









I tucked some natural-coloured reindeer moss into the flower clusters and wound some wired thread with raffia bows by May Arts through them as well.  The leaves and seed stems are by 49 and Market.









Thank you so much for taking a look!