|My maternal grandparents, John and Elizabeth|
For this layout I used two pieces of a TPC Studios paper from their Ancestral collection for both the background and the die-cut mat and doilies.
I did three different machine stitches around the border of the paper. The first attempt ripped through the paper and I didn't have a spare sheet so I put a little piece of chipboard over the area that was torn and another on the opposite corner to balance the look.
These are the dies and punch I used:
- Swirling Lace punch
I layered most of the die-cuts over a darker version to accentuate the edges. I did not layer the spikey leaves because they were too thin and delicate.
The larger flowers are by 49 and Market from their Vintage Shades collection in the sage colour.
These are the chipboard pieces I used:
I painted the smaller pieces from the deVine Frame Set and then applied a white wash overtop to soften the colour and add dimension.
I applied a white crackle finish to the Mini Corner pieces and rubbed them with brown ink.
The large flourish was made with a mold and Sculpey Ultra Light. I glued the 3 separate pieces together with Sculpey Bake & Bond before baking. I then sealed the piece with matte medium and applied a thick layer of Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint. When it was dry I brushed it with Prima Parthenay Artisan powder, wiped off the excess and then dragged blue and white paint along the raised areas with my finger.
|Prima - Iron Orchid Designs|
-Vintage Art Decor Moulds - Large Flourish