|Me when I was two in 1970|
For this layout I used a couple of pieces of Blue Fern Studios paper.
I did some stencilling with molding paste on the background using a doily stencil after coating the paper with matte medium first. I then did a wash overtop with watercolour. I didn't like the way it looked so I wet it and tried to lift some of the colour off with tissues but most of it was covered by the photo and embellishments anyway.
These are the dies I used:
The chipboard flourish above the photo is an old one from my stash by Riff Raff Designs which is no longer in business.
I did a white crackle finish on the chipboard flourish and then rubbed brown and red inks overtop, wiping off the excess with a damp cloth. I also traced around the edges with a brown marker to accentuate the edges more against the pink background.
Some of the flowers and the decorative plate were made with Sculpey Ultra Light and molds then painted.
|Prima - Iron Orchid Designs|
I painted the clay flowers red and green and then dry-brushed white paint overtop to bring out the details.
For the decorative plate under the photo, I brushed on a glaze made from gel medium and a bit of brown paint and then wiped off the excess with a damp paper towel. After that was dry, I rubbed pink and white paint overtop with my fingertip to highlight the raised areas.
The pink and red paper flowers are by 49 and Market. The little white ones are by Wild Orchid Crafts.
Thank you so much for taking a look!