|My grandfather George and his younger brother Tammy around 1909|
For this layout I used a piece of Blue Fern Studios paper for the background and some old My Mind's Eye papers for the die-cuts.
|Blue Fern Studios - Tranquility - Peaceful|
This is the die set I used for the layers:
|Cheery Lynn Designs - Horizon Rectangle|
I used the two smaller dies from the set and cut them out of four different colours, layering them each over a black copy to accentuate the edges.
This is what the page looked like after applying most of the die-cuts except the 2 darker ones directly under the photo.
These are the Dusty Attic chipboard pieces I used:
For the Skeleton Clock Face, I painted it dark brown and applied white Viva Decor crackle paint on top. After it was dry I brushed it with some Lindy's Stamp Gang spray (Sandra Dee Sepia) and wiped off the excess. I then cut the clock into 3 pieces.
For the grass clusters I just painted them dark brown and did a streaky wash of lighter brown overtop.
I also glued random patches of Prima Art Stones around the layout and painted some diluted Lindy's Stamp Gang South Shore Sand spray overtop. I used the same spray around the edges of the background paper, applying it with a paintbrush here as well.
For the Prima resin piece under the photo I brushed it with Parthenay Artisan Powder and wiped off the raised areas with a slightly damp paper towel.
The logs in the lower left of the layout were made with a mold and Sculpey Ultra Light clay. I cut the larger piece after baking and painted two of them to use in this layout.
|First Impressions Molds - Wood Border Set|
I also tucked in some reindeer moss and small stones among the flower and grass clusters.
Thank you so much for taking a look!