Monday 29 October 2018

Jack and Lilian

My uncle and aunt in the mid-1920's

For this layout I used some paper from the Remnants collection by Blue Fern Studios.

Blue Fern Studios
Remnants - Devonshire
Blue Fern Studios
Remnants - Highgate
Blue Fern Studios
Remnants - Vignette

I trimmed the Devonshire paper down slightly, ripped off two of the corners, then distressed and inked the edges.  I layered this over the  Highgate paper, tucking in some corrugated paper under the torn edges.  I also put a piece below the photo.  The raised ridges of the corrugated paper were brushed with white paint.

On the background I did some stencilling with modelling paste (Faber-Castell whipped spackle) and added some green watercolour.  I also used a pencil crayon to add a little more pink to the paper along the shaded areas of the flowers.

Memory Box
Texture Splatter

These are the dies I used:

Tattered Lace
Velvet Lace Mini Ruffle Rectangles
Tattered Lace
Sparkle Border

I cut the edges off the Sparkle Border and glued them along the edges of the layout.

This is the chipboard set I used:

Blue Fern Studios
Mesh Bits

I painted the chipboard brown and then applied Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Crackle.  When that was dry I randomly dabbed it with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.

The toadstools and a few of the flower centers were made with molds and Sculpey Ultralight clay and then painted.

First Impressions Molds
Assorted Flower Centers

Pointed Toadstools by JEM

I tucked some natural-coloured reindeer moss into the flower clusters and wound some wired thread with raffia bows by May Arts through them as well.  The leaves and seed stems are by 49 and Market.

Thank you so much for taking a look!


  1. Greetings Tracy: Well I'm the number one fan for toadstools and these are a lovely addition to your wonderful layout. So glad to see you back. Thanks Tracy, Denise


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.