|My Great-Grandfather George|
For this layout I used Blue Fern Studios papers for the background and Maja Design papers for most of the die-cuts.
|BFS Tranquility - Serenity|
(I used the backside)
|BFS Serendipity - Fascination|
(I used the backside)
|Maja Design Enjoying Outdoors |
- The Great Nature bs
|Maja Design Coffee in the Arbour|
- Smell of Coffee bs
|Maja Design Enjoying Outdoors|
- Spending Time
I stamped the corners of the Serenity paper with a couple of clock stamps using black Archival ink.
|LaBlanche - Clock Background|
|LaBlanche - Intricate Watch|
I ripped the corners and distressed the edges of the Fascination paper and stained them using various colours of liquid brown ink from re-inker bottles using a paintbrush.
As usual I layered most of the die-cuts over a darker verison, offsetting them slightly to accentuate the edges. These are the dies and punch I used:
|Tim Holtz - Postage Stamp Frame|
|Spellbinders - Marvelous Squares|
|Martha Stewart punch - Flourish Lace|
|Cheery Lynn Designs - Queen Anne's Lace Border|
These are the chipboard pieces I used:
|Blue Fern Studios - Mixed Chains|
|Blue Fern Studios - Notebook Edges|
The Mixed Chains piece was painted dark brown, inked with clear ink and sprinkled very lightly using BFS Nutmeg embossing powder and then heat set. I then inked the edges lightly in black.
The small piece of the Notebook Edges was painted with antique white craft paint and inked lightly overtop and around the edges with light and dark brown inks to grunge it up a bit.
The pieces of corrugated cardboard were painted antique white and brushed with a silvery mist randomly overtop. I then brushed them with very watery brown paint and inked around the edges with brown ink.
I also added some random patches of Prima Art Stones. I applied heavy matte gel and sprinkled the Art Stones on top, then tipped off the excess after the gel was dry. I also applied some brown mist overtop.
I used my finger dipped in the antique white paint (dabbing most of it off on my craft mat) and rubbed it over a lot of the embellishments to highlight details and grunge them up.
I used Beacon's 3-in-1 glue to adhere most of the embellishments and layers. It can be rather messy and stringy but with careful application it is well worth it. It has a really good grip once it is dry which is needed for the heavier metal embellishments.
Thank you so much for taking a look!
Fabulous masculine layout Tracy! What an awesome photo too! You embellished it perfectly! Love it!ReplyDelete
Thanks Lisa! Hugs.Delete
I love your layout. You did a supper job!ReplyDelete
Those corners are awesome!! Fabulous layers, too! The photo is a great one, and it strikes me as hard to scrap, but you pulled it off totally beautifully! Amazing work, as always!ReplyDelete
Thank you Natalie! I wish I had your talent! I miss seeing new creations by you.Delete
All of your work is just so beautiful, I love every page. How do you think of so many different lay-outs!ReplyDelete