|Colin on Sept.28, 2007|
The past couple of months I've been in a creative funk and hated every page I've started. I kept putting layout after layout aside and starting another hoping for something to click but instead ended up with six unfinished layouts. It's been difficult getting myself motivated but I finally decided to just get them over with so I can move on. This is the first one I managed to finish.
I used an old piece of Prima paper from their Fairy Flora collection for the background. A lot of the flowers I used were also from that collection. I inked around all the flowers and leaves with black to make them stand out more and shaded around the edges of the background paper with green watercolour paint.
These are the dies and punch I used:
Some of the flower centers were made with a mold and Sculpey UltraLight clay, then painted.
The centers on the La Rue Flourish diecuts were spiral flowers cut using the Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge. I glued some microbeads into the center of the largest one.
A couple of the other flower centers were made using a set of cutting dies (the same one I used for flowers in my Tammy and Monsie layouts). I glued microbeads in the center of these as well.
|Cheery Lynn Designs -|
Build a Flower #1
On the background I did some stencilling with Artichoked Shimmerz Texturez paste.
These are some of the chipboard pieces I used:
I also painted some metal pieces using Vintaj Patina paints.
Thanks so much for looking!