Thursday 4 May 2017

Red vs. Orange

My boys when they were younger, in 2010

I dug way back into my stash for the papers I used in this layout.  The background piece is by Rose Moka and the die cuts were made with Basic Grey papers from several different collections (Picadilly, Sweet Threads, PB & J).

I randomly punched around the border of the background paper and subtly shaded the center and edges with black ink using a Clarity stencil brush.

I also added some eyelets to the background.

These are the punch and dies I used:

EK Success
Round Binding Edge punch
Cheery Lynn Designs
Rum Punch Doily
Fleur de Lis squares
Locking Loops
Cheery Lynn Designs
Rum Punch Tiny Doily
Foliage Two

As usual, I layered each die-cut over a darker version to accentuate the edges.

The grass chipboard pieces were painted green and then streaked with a lighter watery green to add dimension.

Dusty Attic
Grass Cluster 2
Dusty Attic
Mini Grass Clusters 2

I glued a mixture of Prills (Ribbit, Lemon Chiffon and Orange Juice) to the center of each large flower using Artquest's Perfect Paper Adhesive.  The tiny white flowers were a dollar store purchase several years ago.

Thank you so much for taking a look!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! Embellishing to match the title and photo is wonderful!! Love the bright and cheerful feel!


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.