|My grandmother with her two eldest children and stepmother in 1921, |
shortly before my grandparents moved to Canada
This is another layout I began months ago and got stuck on. I had started with a different background paper and just recently tried doing some machine stitching on it to add some interest. Well, I hated the way it looked. Rather than using another sheet of the same paper and going back to what I had been stuck on for months already, I tried finding a different piece that would coordinate with the flowers I had already chosen, hoping to give myself a bit of a fresh start without completely going back to square one. I liked the way this paper looked and ended up finishing the layout rather quickly after that.
The background paper is from Blue Fern Studios Serendipity collection.
|Blue Fern Studios - Marseille frame|
I did some stencilling with molding/modelling paste on the background and used watercolour paints to add some subtle colouring to those areas.
These are the dies I used:
In the center of the lace flowers, I glued some Prills (Tu Tu Pink).
I also glued random patches of Prima Art Stones around the edges of the paper and the flower clusters, adding some watercolour paint overtop to give them some subtle colour and shading.