|My son, Evan, in 2002|
When my boys were younger I made a number of Halloween costumes for them. Not quite sure why. I hated sewing when I was forced to do it for Family Studies/ Home Ec class in middle school. But as a stay-at-home mom I figured I was obligated to put in some extra effort at something, lol. This was my first attempt at using a sewing pattern in 2001. Unfortunately, I made it way too large so Evan didn't wear it until the following year (I made another smaller one that he wore in 2001 and lent the larger one to my niece that year).
For this layout, I made my own background again with Ranger Specialty Stamping paper, stencils, molding paste and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.
These are the stencils I used:
These are the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays I used:
Van Dyke Sepia, Red Hot Poker Orange, Cocoa Bean Copper, Cattail Copper Brown and Mission Bells Brown.
The die-cuts were cut from a dark brown thin metal sheet and then sanded lightly. Most of the coloured metal sheets available now are rather bright. The dark brown piece I used was an old one from my stash from Ten Seconds Studio. You can make your own custom colours by cutting the pieces from plain aluminum sheets and painting them with Vintaj Patina paints before sanding.
These are the dies I used:
The chipboard flourish is by 2Crafty.
Here are some more close-ups:
Thanks for looking!
Another beautiful work of art Tracy! Now that I have read the glorious details on your blog, I absolutely LOVE the metal die cuts! WOW! That would be right up my alley! I would love to try that out, so hope you don't mind. You have this texturing perfected! This is definitely your calling! Keep it up - it's so interesting and wonderful to look at! Really fabulous work, Lisa : )ReplyDelete
Hi Tracy, I like this work very much. Wonderful colours and flowers and all the beautiful dies, great!!!ReplyDelete